Everyone has the right to feel safe in their home or at their place of work. Burglary can have a significant impact upon the whole family and in particular children.
Following a burglary it is common to experience the following:-
- Feeling unsafe in your home
- Feeling anxious when returning home
- Repeatedly checking doors and windows
- Financial impact
- Feeling vulnerable or angry
- Fear of repeat victimisation
The Victim Care and Advice Service will provide you with professional, personalised and independent support to help you cope and recover from the effects of a crime. A Victim Care Officer will meet with you and discuss your concerns or any questions that you might have. We will then work together to address those concerns, answer those questions and reduce the impact of the crime.